REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Date: 29 May 2020
1. The Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC) through its Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) invites interested bidders to submit a proposal, with the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) in the amount of Six Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 600,000.00) inclusive of applicable government taxes, professional fees, other incidental and administrative cost (i.e. accommodation, transportation, food incurred during meetings and travels, printing and reproduction of reports, supplies and materials for workshops, meetings and interviews) chargeable against the funds of PITAHC R&D Division for the procurement of the item stated below:
2. Procurement shall be conducted through Small Value Procurement under Section 53.9 – Negotiated Procurement as prescribed under Rule XVI- Alternative Methods of Procurement and Item V (D) (8) of Annex “H” of the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
3. The proposal must be duly signed by the bidder and must be submitted to the BAC Secretariat, PITAHC Building, Matapang St., East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City or sent thru fax at (02) 376-3067 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal shall be received until 05 June 2020.
4. The Consultant to be contracted under this project must possess the following qualifications:
- Have been in existence for at least three (3) years specialized in health/medical sciences;
- Experience in handling government-funded projects;
- At least three (3) years of work experience in health research operations and management;
- At least three (3) years of work experience in development and implementation including agenda-setting, research system and environment in the Philippines, research planning and development;
- At least three (3) years of experience in operation research, policy analysis, process analysis and stakeholder analysis.
- At least three (3) projects completed with similar nature for a Philippine client (either for government or private);
- With strong linkages to public and private research institutions.
5. BAC shall adopt the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) in assessing the Consultant’s competence/qualifications using the following rating: Technical (70%) and Financial (30%). The Consultant must get a score of at least eighty percent (80%) to qualify.
Criteria and Rating System for Technical are as follows:
6. The Consultant shall submit their proposal together with the following documentary requirements:
- Valid and current Mayor’s or Business Permit
- Professional License and/or Comprehensive Curriculum vitae of personnel to be involved
- PhilGEPS Registration Number
- Income/Business Tax Return for CY 2018
- Notarized Omnibus Sworn Statement by the prospective bidder in the new prescribed form as per GPPB Resolution No. 22-2013
7. PITAHC reserves the right to waive any formality in the responses to the eligibility requirements and to this invitation. PITAHC further reserves the right to reject all proposals, or declare a failure of small value procurement, or not award the contract, and makes no assurance that the contract shall be entered into as a result of this invitation without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders in accordance with R.A. No. 9184 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
8. For any clarification, you may contact Mr. Louie Sibug at telephone no. (02) 8282-5193 local 106 / 318.
(Sgd.) EMELINE ROSE R. MARIANO, RMT, MGM-ESP
Chairperson, PITAHC BAC