REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Date: 23 September 2020
Reference: RFP CO-20-0020SVP
1. The Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC) through its Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) invites interested bidders to submit a proposal, with the total Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) in the amount of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos Only (PhP500,000.00) inclusive of applicable government taxes, professional fees, other incidental and administrative cost (i.e. accommodation, transportation, food incurred during meetings and travels, printing and reproduction of reports, supplies and materials for workshops, meetings and interviews, etc.) chargeable against the funds of PITAHC R&D Division, for the procurement of the item/s stated below:
2. Procurement shall be conducted through Small Value Procurement under Section 53.9 – Negotiated Procurement as prescribed under Rule XVI- Alternative Methods of Procurement of the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
3. The proposal must be duly signed by the bidder and must be submitted to the BAC Secretariat, PITAHC Building, Matapang St., East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City or sent thru fax at (02) 8376-3067-68 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal shall be received until 30 September 2020.
The Consulting Firm to be contracted under this TOR should possess the following qualifications:
- Have been engaged for at least two (2) years in consulting projects involving Laboratory Research development.
- Have been engaged for at least two (2) years in handling similar nature projects for a
Philippine client (either for government or private entities);
- With strong linkages to public and private research institutions.
4. PITAHC shall adopt the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) in assessing the competence/qualifications of the Consulting Firm using the following rating: Technical (70%) and Financial (30%). The Consulting Firm must get a score of at least eighty percent (80%) to qualify.
Criteria and Rating System for Technical are as follows:
5. The Consulting Firm shall submit their proposal together with the following documentary
- BIR Certificate of Registration
- PhilGEPS Registration Number
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Mayor’s Business Permit
- Duly notarized Omnibus Sworn Statement
- Company Profile
- List of on-going and completed projects (stating the following information: Project
Title/Description, Project Cost, Project Duration, Funding Agency)
- Comprehensive Curriculum vitae and Professional License of the Personnel to be involved in
6. The winning Consulting Firm shall be required to post a performance security in any of the prescribed form and amount to be stated in the Notice of Award.PITAHC reserves the right to waive any formality in the responses to the eligibility requirements and to this invitation.
7. PITAHC further reserves the right to reject all proposals, or declare a failure of small value procurement, or not award the contract, and
makes no assurance that the contract shall be entered into as a result of this invitation without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders in accordance with R.A. No. 9184 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
8. For any clarification, you may contact Mr. Andy Matula at telephone no. (02) 8282-5193/94 local 318 or 541.
DR. FRANCIS VICENTE S. RAS
Chairperson, PITAHC BAC