1. The Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC), through the General Appropriations Act (GAA) intends to apply the sum of Three Million Pesos (PhP 3,000,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Engagement of Consultancy Services for the Development of Acupuncture clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) and Evidence for Health Technology Assessment Committee (HTA) Evaluation. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
2. The PITAHC now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for Engagement of Consultancy Services for the Development of Acupuncture clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) and Evidence for Health Technology Assessment Committee (HTA) Evaluation. Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat on or before 20 October 2020, 12:00NN through electronic submission. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a nondiscretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
3. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours at 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday except declared holiday, suspension of work, and weekends.
4. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on 12 October 2020 upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 5,000.00) through LAND BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES to be deposited to its Current Account Name: PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF TRADITIONAL AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE with Account No. 1872-1035-18.
Upon deposit, the bidders must submit the scanned copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
5. It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of three (3) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for short listing
7. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of RA 9184. Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
8. The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/S) procedure. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders as stated also in Item No. IX of the Terms of Reference.
9. The contract shall be completed within six (6) months.
10. The PITAHC reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
For further information, please refer to:
MR. ANDY G. MATULA
Head, BAC Secretariat
PITAHC Building, Matapang Street,
East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (+632) 8376-3067/8376-3068 local 320, Facsimile No.: (+632) 8376-3067-68
DR. FRANCIS VICENTE S. RAS
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee