1. The Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC), through the Corporate Operating Budget (COB) of 2020,intends to apply the sum of THREE MILLION FIFTY EIGHT THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY SIX PESOS AND 53/100 (PhP3,058,356.53) being the Total Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the project Supply and Delivery of Various Soap Production Requirements of the Davao and Cagayan Valley Herbal Processing Plants:
Bids received in excess of the respective ABCs per lot shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. PITAHC now invites bids for the project Supply and Delivery of Various Soap Production Requirements of the Davao and Cagayan Valley Herbal Processing Plants. Delivery of the services is required for the period indicated in the Schedule of Requirements, effective upon its signing, unless otherwise terminated pursuant to causes stated in the contract. Bidders should have completed, within the last three (3) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the PITAHC BAC Secretariat regarding the provisions of the Bidding Documents at the email address given below during office hours between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Mondays to Fridays except during weekend and declared Holidays and suspension of work.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Biddersfrom any of the following addresses upon payment of the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents:
- Cashier Section, 3rd Floor, PITAHC Building, Matapang Street, East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City;
- Cashier Section, Davao Herbal Processing Plant, J.P. Laurel Ave, Bajada, Davao City; or
- Cashier Section, Cagayan Valley Herbal Processing Plant, Carig, Tuguegarao City.
Payment of the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents is in pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the following amount depending on the lot(s) intended to be bid:
If the prospective supplier intends to bid for the entire requirements of Davao HPP amounting to One Million Two Hundred Thirty Nine Thousand Eight Hundred Sixty One Pesos and 28/100 (PhP1,239,861.28) while for Cagayan Valley HPP is in the amount of One Million Eight Hundred Eighteen Thousand Four Hundred Ninety Five Pesos and 25/100 (PhP1,818,495.25) or for both requirements of the HPPs, the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents is Five Thousand Pesos (PhP5,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) at www.philgeps.gov.ph and the website of PITAHC at www.pitahc.gov.ph, provided that Bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. PITAHC will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 6 July 2020, Monday, 1:30PM via Zoom Teleconferencing, which shall beopen only tothose prospective bidders who coordinated and confirmed their attendance to participate to the said Conference.
The Zoom Link shall be provided by PITAHC IT Officer through the BAC Secretariat upon request.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 July 2020, Monday, 12:00NN.
The PITAHC Bids and Awards Committee adopted the Government Procurement Policy Board Resolution No. 12-2020 dated 20 May 2020 on Electronic Submission and Receipt of Bids.
All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. Bid opening shall be on 21 July 2020, Tuesday, 1:30PM through Zoom Teleconferencing. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to participate in the teleconference.
The Zoom Link shall be provided by PITAHC IT Officer through the BAC Secretariat only for those who successfully submitted their bids.
9. PITAHC reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
10. For further information, please refer to:
MR. ANDY G. MATULA
Head, BAC Secretariat
PITAHC Building, Matapang Street, East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (+632) 376-3067/376-3068 local 320, Facsimile No.: (+632) 376-3067
EMELINE ROSE R. MARIANO
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee