Invitation to Bid
Construction of Gravity Retaining Wall for Landslide Mitigation for the Tacloban Herbal Pharmaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant (2019-01-35)
1. The Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC), through the General Appropriations Act (GAA) of 2019 intends to apply the sum of One Million Three Hundred Forty Nine Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety Two Pesos and Sixty Five Centavos (PhP1,349,992.65) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for Construction of Gravity Retaining Wall for Landslide Mitigation for the Tacloban Herbal Phamaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The PITAHC now invites bids for Construction of Gravity Retaining Wall for Landslide Mitigation for the Tacloban Herbal Phamaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant. Completion of the Works is required ninety (90) calendar days. Bidders should have completed a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using nondiscretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act.” Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least seventy five percent (75%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Bids and Awards Secretariat, PITAHC Building, Matapang St., East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Quezon City or Tacloban Herbal Pharmaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant, Bagacay, Tacloban and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday, except declared Holidays, Suspension of Works, or weekends.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested bidders on September 18, 2019 – October 8 , 2019 from the address below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (PhP5,000.00). It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the PITAHC, provided that bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. The PITAHC will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on September 26, 2019, Thursday, 10:00 AM at the Tacloban Herbal Pharmaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant (THPPMP), Barangay Bagacay, Tacloban, Leyte which shall be open to prospective bidders.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat or THPPMP Administrative Division at the address below on or before October 8, 2019, 4:00 PM. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18. Bid opening shall be on October 11, 2019, Thursday, 10:00 AM at the Tacloban Herbal Pharmaceutical Processing and Manufacturing Plant, Barangay Bagacay, Tacloban, Leyte. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The PITAHC reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
MS. MA. TERESA M. TORRES
Head, Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat
PITAHC, Matapang St., East Avenue Medical Center Compound, Barangay Central, Quezon City
+632 376-3067, 282-5193 or 94 local 325
MS. EVELINA M. JUABAN
PITAHC Tacloban Herbal Pharmaceutical and Processing Plant
MS. EMELINE ROSE R. MARIANO, RMT, MGM-ESP
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee